Organic SEO in a Nutshell: 7 Useful Tips

Search engine optimization is more often known as SEO and is the technical term for getting your website established so that search engines like Google can understand your content well enough to prioritize it in relevant online search results. Surface it in search results when relevant. Putting in the effort to ensure that you rank higher for relevant searches will make it more likely that people will see your site when searching, which translates to more website visits, more engagement, and the chance for more sales.

Organic search engine optimization (organic SEO) pertains to the tactics used to gain higher placements or rankings on a search engine results page in algorithm-driven, unpaid results on a search engine. Keywords are a key decision to improve your ranking. Don't just look at keywords as being single words, but they are also the words and phrases someone might type into a search engine when they are looking for what you offer.

Get the right balance between broad terms that people regularly search to find a business like yours
and specific enough times that you have a chance of ranking high in your particular niche. The following seven useful tips will help you make the most out of organic SEO for promoting your business or personal abilities.

1. Appropriate Keywords

Pick which keywords you would like to have your website ranking higher for. Use terminology that is relevant to your business and that many people would actually search for your business. It is worth typing in terms into Google and analyzing what suggested results pop up for your search queries. Also, try free online tools like Google Keyword Planner and Ubersuggest to compile data about the number of people that search for a particular keyword to gauge how competitive it would rank for it. Have a list of keywords that you want to target and prioritize.

2. Web Page Titles and Descriptions

After you have identified which keywords you will be targeting, you will need to incorporate these words and phrases into your site’s structure. Make sure that you make edits inside of your website editor or have the person who handles your website make them make sure that the titles and descriptions for each page on your site include keywords and also explain what can be found on the web page. You will need to make sure that these edits will make sense and reflect the content on the page. Search engines are smart enough to tell if you are simply just stuffing keywords all over and aren't providing any actual value to readers.

3. Descriptive Filenames

Text isn't the only thing that search engines review when they analyze your website. They also pay attention to your images and the filenames for your photos and videos that describe what’s represented within them as well as target keywords.

4. Relevant Content

What types of educational guides and blog posts can you include on your website to put around your services and products that can be helpful to searchers. They may arrive at your website to read your informative information and then realize that you also offer services connected to that information that they were seeking, and they could consider making a purchase.

5. Quality Backlinks

Along with having relevant content, search engines also use your website's reputation as a way of determining how to rank your website. How strong your site's reputation is can be based on the number of quality backlinks that it has connected back to it. Backlinks are links to your website from an external site. The quality of the backlink is essentially based on how good the SEO on the site that is linking to you is. Getting backlinks can come from getting mentioned in articles online.

6. Speed Up Your Website

One of the more technical aspects of search engine optimization that affect rankings is site speed and structure. This is an area where you will surely want some external assistance in the form of a web developer who has SEO expertise to get your site moving more swiftly.

7. Track Your Progress

It is important to be able to measure your progress in order to manage the ups and downs of your website
in a positive manner. After you have gone ahead and implemented some of these other SEO changes, you can take a deeper look to see if you have made a difference by monitoring the number of visitors that have arrived at your website. Be aware that it can take days and even weeks for the search engine to re-evaluate your website. Keep monitoring your target keywords to be sure that they’re still the ones that make sense to use.

Putting these seven tips into action can make your use of organic SEO more effective in separating your website from your competitors and increasing the viewers that are able to connect to your products, services, and content.

This post is provided by a third party who may receive compensation from the products or services they mention.