New shows August 12 & 19 at Charles W. Brown Planetarium

August 12 and 19, 2022, there are scheduled to be three new shows at the Charles W. Brown Planetarium. All three shows are free of charge and run consecutively.

The first of which is titled, "Cool Solar System, Dude!", starting at 3:30 p.m. and running for approximately 50 minutes. The College of Sciences and Humanities Events website describes the show as follows: "We're not going to lie, our Solar System is pretty cool. Come explore the many objects of the Solar System, including the Sun, all the major planets, the asteroids, and Pluto during this live presentation. Most suitable for ages 8+, all ages are welcome."

The second show is titled, "We Are Stars", starting at 5 p.m. and running for approximately 50 minutes. "Narrated by Andy Serkis, this program seeks to answer some of the biggest questions of all time. What are we made of? Where did it all come from? Explore the secrets of our cosmic chemistry, our explosive origins and connect life on Earth to the evolution of the Universe. A family-friendly film full of fun, adventure, and enlightenment. Most suitable for ages 8+, all ages are welcome," the same website outlined above reads.

The third and final show is titled, "Big Astronomy", starting at 6:30 p.m. and running for approximately 50 minutes. As described on the College of Sciences and Humanities Events website, "Explore world-class observatories, learn why Chile is an ideal environment for astronomy, and meet some of the diverse people who make BIG discoveries possible. Most suitable for ages 10+, all ages are welcome."

As for general information regarding the Charles W. Brown Planetarium and events ran there, it is important to note the following, as outlined on The College of Sciences and Humanities Events website.

• "Due to construction being done on the Cooper Science Complex, select parking and pathway access to the planetarium is blocked off. Plan to arrive early to safely navigate the area and arrive on time for the program. Visit our location and transportation webpage for up-to-date information.
  • Masks are not currently required inside the Brown Planetarium and other Ball State buildings. For the safety of our guests and employees, please do not enter the planetarium if you have or recently had COVID-19 symptoms (fever, cough, shortness of breath).
  • No reservations are required for public planetarium shows. However, plan to arrive early as seating is done on a first-come, first-served basis and seating is limited.
  • Planetarium shows are free of charge. We appreciate your support to make this possible.
  • We do our best to have doors open 30 minutes before show time.
  • Food, drinks, gum or candy are not allowed in the planetarium.
  • Cellphones and any electronics that emit light must be silenced or turned off at the start of all programs. Please refrain from wearing light-up shoes to any planetarium programs.
  • Children 17 years and under should be accompanied by an adult.
  • The planetarium is located on the west end of the Cooper Science Complex, at 2111 W. Riverside Ave., Muncie."