Cameron Andry announced as new head coach for Ball State Women's Golf

<p>Ball State Women’s Golf hosted their annual Cardinal Classic golf outing Sept. 16, 2019, at the Players Club at Woodland Trails in Yorktown, Ind. The Cardinals ended the two-day tournament first out of 11 teams. <strong>Eric Pritchett, DN</strong></p>

Ball State Women’s Golf hosted their annual Cardinal Classic golf outing Sept. 16, 2019, at the Players Club at Woodland Trails in Yorktown, Ind. The Cardinals ended the two-day tournament first out of 11 teams. Eric Pritchett, DN

Cameron Andry has been announced as the new head coach for Ball State Women's Golf, Ball State Director of Athletics Beth Goetz announced July 19, 2022. Andry spent the previous 11 seasons at Taylor University in Upland, Indiana.

Andry spent his time at Taylor as Director of Golf, overseeing both the Men's and Women's Golf programs, where he won conference Coach of the Year 10 times. The Trojans won 10 Crossroads League Championships and finished in the top 11 at the NAIA National Championship four times.

During his time as the Men's head coach, Andry helped establish Taylor's Women's program in 2012. From 2012-22, the Trojans won four Crossroads League Championships (2017, 2018, 2019, 2021) and finished second at the NAIA National Championship in 2021.

Andry also coached the Men's team to six consecutive conference Championships from 2016-22, bringing the Trojans' Golfstat ranking from 118 to eight. Between both the Men's and Women's programs, Andry coached 46 All-Conference performers and 14 All-Americans and won 79 tournaments.

Under Andry's guidance, the Trojans' student-athletes earned NAIA Scholar Team honors in all of the last nine seasons. With that, the Men's team earned the highest team GPA in their conference in eight of the last nine seasons.

Andry graduated from Ball State University in 2009, where he earned a bachelor's degree in telecommunications. He was a four-year letterwinner in Boys Golf at Paoli High School in Paoli, Indiana, where he was selected as an All-Conference player twice.