Openings and Closures in Muncie

Downtown Muncie continues growing as new additions to the area bring more and more people to seek entertainment, food and shopping. Walnut Street is lined with bars, stores and galleries. DN PHOTO TYLER STEWART

In the week of June 5-11, at least two venues have announced opening or closure in Muncie, Indiana. Below is brief information regarding each.

Sky Zone coming to Muncie

The popular and revolutionary indoor trampoline park, Sky Zone, is expanding to Muncie, Indiana, as announced June 6. Sarah and Josh Lochtefeld, owners of S & J Farms Company, are the franchisees of this new destination.

According to the release sent out by Sky Zone:

"As local business owners and parents of young children, we were drawn to the growing indoor active entertainment industry for our next investment," Sarah and Josh Lochtefeld said. "When we learned about franchising with Sky Zone and how the business model provides the category's fastest rate of return on investment, it was an opportunity we were excited to pursue. We know families in Muncie and the surrounding areas will enjoy the park's unique attractions, memorable birthday parties, and unparalleled guest experience."

The location and date of opening have not yet been announced.

The Neely House closure

According to Russell L Irving of The Neely House's Facebook page, the critically acclaimed restaurant is set to undergo an "indetermined closure" immediately, as of June 8. That said, this same post also says," it is my goal, by regrouping, the restaurant may remain intact & continue the Muncie tradition started these past four years."

According to the same post:

"When creating The Neely, I was suffering from statutory blindness & declining vision," Irving wrote. "I did not anticipate this would eventually lead to my inability to continue day to day operation of the staff & dining experience."

The Neely House was named Best Restaurant in Indiana twice in its four years of operation and won The Althea Stoeckel Award for historic preservation. The Facebook post shows listing information will be available courtesy of Lucius Conner at Viking Reality 765-730-5496 and advises to keep an eye on their Facebook page for additional information.