Hazardous Weather Outlook for Delaware County/Central Indiana June 6-8

<p>A tornado producing storm is depicted May 30, 2021. Storms is the west are bigger and more isolated than the ones in Indiana. Dave Call, Photo Provided.</p>

A tornado producing storm is depicted May 30, 2021. Storms is the west are bigger and more isolated than the ones in Indiana. Dave Call, Photo Provided.

According to the National Weather Service from Indianapolis, Indiana:

Monday, June 6, in Central Indiana/Delaware County, rain and scattered thunderstorms are expected during the afternoon (as early as 3 p.m.) and evening as temperatures are also expected to drop around 8-10 degrees. Lightning alongside one to one 1/2 inches of heavy rainfall are anticipated during this time. Strong wind gusts are a possibility during this time as well. prominently during the afternoon and early evening.

Tuesday, June 6 and/or Wednesday, June 7, there is a possibility of isolated storms in the southernmost parts of Central Indiana, with a 50% and 60% chance of rain each day, respectively, in Muncie in particular. Some additional strong weather may pass south of Central Indiana/Delaware County during this time.

Outside of the Hazardous Weather Outlook, Friday, June 10 there is a reported 60% chance of rain in Muncie with an expected temperature of 73 degrees Fahrenheit at the highest and 59 degrees Fahrenheit at the lowest.