RISE wins 2022 Ball State SGA election

<p>Monet Lindstrand and Tina Nguyen answer questions at the third Student Government Association (SGA) debate Feb. 17 at Pruis Hall. Students attending the debate were encouraged to ask questions about issues that concerned them. <strong>Richard Kann, DN</strong></p>

Monet Lindstrand and Tina Nguyen answer questions at the third Student Government Association (SGA) debate Feb. 17 at Pruis Hall. Students attending the debate were encouraged to ask questions about issues that concerned them. Richard Kann, DN

The RISE ticket, President Tina Nguyen and Vice President-elect Monet Lindstrand, won the 2022 Ball State Student Government Association (SGA) election. 

They will be president and vice president for the 2022-23 school year.

The total vote counts for the 2022 election was 724, which was an increase from the 2021 election’s 644. RISE received 82.2 percent of the vote, which was 595 votes.

Nguyen and Lindstrand ran unopposed, however there was a no-confidence option. No confidence received 17.8 percent of votes, 129 votes.

The voter turnout from Ball State students was 3.94 percent, according to SGA Adviser Abby Haworth.

The inauguration will be Wednesday, April 20, 2022 at 3:15 p.m. in the L.A. Pittenger Student Center, Cardinal Hall B.

RELATED: Ball State SGA introduces new executive tickets, presents 'State of the Senate' address

The treasurer and chief administrator will be voted on within the senate, according to an amendment passed April 7, 2021.