Ball State reports 89 positive COVID-19 cases

<p>This illustration, created at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), reveals ultrastructural morphology exhibited by coronaviruses. A novel coronavirus, named Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), was identified as the cause of an outbreak of respiratory illness first detected in Wuhan, China, in 2019. The illness caused by this virus has been named coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). <strong>CDC, Photo Courtesy</strong></p>

This illustration, created at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), reveals ultrastructural morphology exhibited by coronaviruses. A novel coronavirus, named Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), was identified as the cause of an outbreak of respiratory illness first detected in Wuhan, China, in 2019. The illness caused by this virus has been named coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). CDC, Photo Courtesy

Ball State reported 89 positive COVID-19 cases among students and employees Jan. 31 to Feb. 6, according to the Ball State COVID-19 dashboard

Cases continue to drop from previous weeks. This is a 53.6 percent decrease from the Jan. 24-30 positive case count, which was 192.

Currently, campus vaccination rates for full- and part-time employees are still at 75 percent. This number indicates all those faculty, professional, service and staff employees who are fully vaccinated. Ball State does not currently publicly report the number of students who have received their full vaccination series. 

People ages 5 and older are eligible to receive a COVID-19 vaccine. Everyone ages 12 and older are eligible for a Pfizer booster shot at least five months after their second dose, and people ages 18 and older are eligible for a Moderna shot at least five months after their second dose. Those ages 18 and older who received the Johnson & Johnson vaccine are eligible for a second dose at least two months after their first.

If you have not yet received your COVID-19 vaccine, you can find a vaccination location near you and sign up for an appointment at ourshot.in.gov.