Five websites every college student should know about

<p>Looking to buy or rent textbooks at a cheaper price? Need help studying for your exam? Didn&#x27;t finish the readings for your class? Consider using these five websites that have saved the lives of many college students. Unsplash, Photo Courtesy</p>

Looking to buy or rent textbooks at a cheaper price? Need help studying for your exam? Didn't finish the readings for your class? Consider using these five websites that have saved the lives of many college students. Unsplash, Photo Courtesy

Being in college, it can seem like things are a lot more challenging and tough. Students need tools and hacks to make the college experience easier. On the Internet, students can learn effective study habits and access digital copies of textbooks and answers to questions that may not have been discussed in their classes. Here are five websites to make every college student’s life a little easier. 

1. Rate My Professors

Before scheduling their classes, students should do a quick search for reviews on the teachers assigned to the class. Rate My Professors lets students research and rate professors, colleges and universities. This website allows students to communicate with each other about which teachers they should be excited to meet and which ones they should avoid. 

2. Chegg

Buying textbooks from the bookstore can be expensive and leave a big hole in a student’s bank account. Chegg allows students to rent or buy physical books and have them delivered to their dorm or apartment. If students would rather not lug around heavy textbooks, e-books can be rented on Chegg for $6.99 per month. At the end of the semester, students can return or sell their textbooks on Chegg as well. Looking for an internship? Internship applications can be found on Chegg, along with tips for students like how to craft a winning resumé, nailing an interview, career advice and more. 
3. Socratic

Sometimes it’s difficult for students to find all the answers to their questions after one Google search, or the material their professor is teaching just isn’t clicking in their brain. Socratic is an app created by Google that uses artificial intelligence (AI) and search technologies to connect students to helpful  websites that can answer their questions. Students can use voice search, type their questions or take photos to look up answers to their questions. Socratic works for all subjects and has a browser tool that allows students to do more in-depth research on their subjects.

4. Quizlet

Many students find studying with notecards as an effective method when preparing for exams, and Quizlet provides students with a way to do that all online. With Quizlet, students can create their own study sets for subjects or they can look at ones that have already been created and shared with the public. To quiz themselves, students can read flashcards, take a test and play matching games to help retain the information. 

5. SparkNotes

College students often don’t have the energy or time to read the books assigned in their classes. When students are looking for a summary of a chapter in a book, SparkNotes is a commonly used website for high school and college students. SparkNotes has hundreds of guides on English literature, math, science and other subjects for students to read through summaries and critical analyses. Each guide has a quiz for students to take at the end, so they can test themselves before an exam. For students reading work by William Shakespeare, SparkNotes provides “No Fear Shakespeare,” an online or textbook side-by-side translation of his work into modern English.