Follow These Tips and Tricks to Throw the Best Bachelorette Party

Happy girls having fun drinking with champagne on party. Concept of nightlife, bachelorette party, hen-party, celebrating people.

The bridal shower has been a popular pre-marriage celebration since the 15th century. However, the bachelorette party has a much shorter history, lasting only a few centuries.

The first record of a pre-marriage celebration dates back to the 5th century when the Spartans held parties for their
wed-to-be friends. Perhaps events would typically consist of a dinner and a toast.

The next available record of a pre-marriage celebration comes centuries later, in 1896 when Herbert Barnum Seeley threw the first-ever “stag party.” The police eventually raided the party because of rumors that a naked belly dancer would be performing.

Finally, in 1922, “bachelor party” was coined in the Scottish publication, “Chamber’s Journal of Literature, Science and Arts.” Somewhere along the way, the bride’s versiom of the bachelor’s party was invented.

Back then, the bachelorette party was viewed as a “last hoorah” in a woman’s final night of being single. Today, this event can be interpreted in several different ways.

Some people choose to have an all-out party, inviting as many people as they can to celebrate. Others go for a more laid-back evening, with just a few close friends.

However you choose to celebrate, you’ll need to start planning weeks in advance. It can be pretty stressful trying to organize a bachelorette party. From finding a place to rent to making reservations for food, you can expect to have your hands full planning this party.

Whether your party will be a full-fledged dance fest or an elegant dinner, there are some essential factors to consider. So follow these tips and tricks below to throw the best bachelorette party possible!

Do What She Wants

Whatever kind of party you choose to throw, keep one thing in mind: this party is for the bride. Therefore, it should be centered around her.

Before you start planning, make sure to ask the bride what she wants. For example, ask what kind of scenery she prefers, what food she wants to eat, who to invite, and any other details you think are essential.

Even if her idea of a bachelorette party is not what you imagined, you should still cater to her desires. Try to make the party as personal as possible. Show the bride how much her friends love her and how well they know her.

Have any inside jokes? This is the perfect time to sneak it in, maybe on a banner in the room or on the napkins. If they have a favorite movie or TV show character, maybe you want to have them printed on the invitation cards.

You’ll also need a gift to give to the bride. For a truly personal gift, consider getting her some artisan made gifts like a bowl or a blanket. You can also get these gifts customized with a message for the bride.

Another solid gift option is the best dip kit on the market, Nailboo Dip Kit. This kit comes with four uniquely colored dips that are easy to apply and dry instantly. Any bride can appreciate this gift!

Go Easy on the Activities

A lot of bachelorette parties are chock full of activities, from the start of the event to the very end. However, you
actually don’t necessarily need to plan a ton of stuff to do.

For some simple, all-in-one entertainment, consider using Jackbox! This collection of party games can be played conveniently on any screen, including on a projector.

If you’re planning a bachelorette party on the water, you may want to check out FUNBOY's pool floats! These are the highest quality pool floats you can find on the market. These are perfect for a beach-themed bachelorette party.

Don’t worry too much about the activities, though. At the end of the day, the bride being together with her loved ones is the top priority. Make sure to leave enough room for people in the party to chat over snacks, make toasts, and run to the store, if needed.

You never know what will happen at a bachelorette party. Often, the most fun moments of the night can happen
spontaneously, without any planning at all.

Also remember to allow for a buffer of at least thirty minutes before any activities start, in case anybody is late. Be
flexible and allow everyone to be comfortable.

You don’t want to stress others out. Keep the vibes light!

Have Food and Drinks Available

Planning for food and drinks can be the most stressful part of the entire planning process. Of course, it helps to have a variety of different foods and beverages available, so you can try and appeal to as many people as possible.

For instance, perhaps for drinks, you can have rum, mezcal, and vodka available. Then, for food, maybe you can have a few different appetizers, entrees, and desserts available.

Also, be sure to fill the party with snacks. Have a ton of snacks available, from chips to crackers to baked goods. For some genuinely delicious snacks, consider checking out Porto's Bakery cakes!

It can be challenging to please everyone, so when in doubt, go for foods and drinks that you know the bride will like. After all, it’s her party! Just avoid overly messy foods.

Turn Up the Music

One of the most important aspects of a party is the music. The songs you choose to play at your bachelorette party will set the mood for the entire night.

The music that you choose should match the preferences of the bride. If she wants a fun, wild night out, turn up the party vibes. Maybe throw some of Rihanna's vinyl record albums on the spinner.

If your bride wants a more relaxed party, go for some soft jams, maybe some smooth jazz, or soul. Choose songs that are memorable and that you think will help make the night special.

Most likely, you’ll want a blend of both soft and energetic songs to get you through the night. In addition, you want to be able to switch up the mood, if necessary.

Before you finalize the soundtrack for the night, ask the bride if she wants any specific records to be played. Perhaps she has a song that is sentimental to her. Make sure it’s on the playlist.

Set a Budget

If you’ve ever been to a bachelorette party before, you’re probably well aware of how much money you can end up shelling out. At some bachelorette parties, it can feel like you’re just constantly throwing out cash.

If you’re not careful, the expenses can get out of hand. Before you start planning the party, you should reach out to
everyone on the invite list and provide them with a budget. Ask them if it’s within their range and if everyone agrees to it, stick to it.

You can even ask people for recommendations on low-cost activities. Believe us; nobody will be upset at you for trying to save them money.

You should also determine beforehand how everything is going to be paid for. Is the host going to pay for all of it and be reimbursed later? Should people bring cash to the party? These are all details that should be disclosed before the party is planned.

This post is provided by a third party who may receive compensation from the companies whose products or services we mention.