Delta quarterback commits to Ball State

MUNCIE, Ind.(NewsLink) -- From kickoff, until the clock hits triple zeroes, you can find Delta quarterback Brady Hunt, giving 110% to his team. 

He's left his mark on Delta football in the last four years.

Hunt has several passing records, is closing in on the all-time touchdowns record, and is an outstanding student--he has above a 4.0 GPA.

Hunt even received college offers from some Ivy League schools, but his mom, Linda Hunt, said, "He wouldn't even open the envelope." Hunt wanted one thing--to stay home.

"I just try to impact the players around me, impact the community," Hunt said.

His coach, Chris Overholt, added, "He's a guy that comes in, he does things the right way on and off the field. He's a great guy that you can say, 'Hey this Is how to be a Delta football player.'"

Brady Hunt's journey is nothing short of surprising. Receiving offers from Indiana Wesleyan University to play basketball, and Ball State to play football, Hunt was left with a difficult decision--choosing between both sports that he loved.

Many wondered where exactly Hunt's career would take him.

The answer--just nine miles down the road, at Schuemann Stadium.

Last January, Hunt committed to stay home near family and friends, as he continued his football career as a Ball State Cardinal.

"Staying around home was a big part of my decision. The people around here, I love them all," Hunt said.

The love and admiration from his parents, coaches and community is unmatched. Those closest to him, could not be happier with Hunt choosing to play locally. 

Brady's mom, Linda, said "I'm so proud of him. He's been really good at almost everything he's ever tried."

His father added, "He's also got a heart for other people. He's the one kid that will kind of ask me about my day and not, you know, that's kind of unusual for most teenagers because they're really worried about themselves most of the time."

"You're just extremely proud of the human being that he is. He's a guy you could trust your kids with, that could watch your kids. You wouldn't worry, you know? He's a guy that if my daughters were older, I'd let my daughters date him and I don't know that you could say that about everyone," said Overholt.

The expectations for Hunt when he arrives to campus are high, but he is setting the bar for himself, even higher.

"I definitely just want to get Ball State to a bowl game and help them win a Mac Championship," Hunt said.

For any comments or concerns, contact the author at bedollier@bsu.edu