Bowl Games? Not quite yet

Ball State Head Football Coach Mike Neu
Ball State Head Football Coach Mike Neu

MUNCIE, Ind. (NewsLink)- Play will soon be returning to the MAC, but college football season is already in week 5. There is concern among teams and conferences on how postseason football will take place in a COVID-19 world.

Ball State Head Coach Mike Neu was anxious to get started after only being able to watch games for weeks.

“Watching football on TV gets tougher and tougher every single week whether it's college, NFL... I've watched high school games on Friday night that have been tape delayed. But it's been tough to watch that knowing that 'Man, why can't that be us?” Neu said.

Now the team will be active starting Nov. 4.

The other question for a competitive Cardinal Squad is whether there will be any postseason bowl games. As of now, most conferences are limiting games to conference-only play, a concept that would severely limit the 71 sponsored bowls set to take place.

The NCAA Division I Committee will meet Oct. 13 and 14 to hopefully decide the fate of postseason football.

The NCAA is likely to do all it can to save the bowls that bring in millions of dollars in revenue every season. Until then, the Cardinals will stick to spreading their wings in the MAC.

For comments or concerns regarding this article, contact the author Philip Choroser at pechoroser@bsu.edu