A warm up is on the horizon

Tonight: The rain has moved on but cold temperatures and wind took its place. Tonight we will drop down to the upper 30's. Winds will calm a little but expected a NW wind from 10-15 mph with gust up to 25 mph.

Thursday: It will be a similar day compared to Wednesday. Temperatures will be in the mid 50's with winds ranging from 10-15 mph with gust reaching 20 mph.

Friday: The bed race to help celebrate homecoming week is on Friday. Expect mild temperatures during the race. We will reach a high temperature of 60 later in the afternoon. 

Weekend: Ball State Football takes on Toledo rockets this Saturday at 2. There is a chance of showers around kickoff so if you are heading to the game, grab a light jacket or some rain gear. Winds will be calm so it will be beautiful. 

7-Day Forecast: We start to warm up on Friday with temperatures back into the 60's. There is a chance for some showers on Saturday starting after 2 P.M. Sunday will be our best day of the week with mostly sunny skies and warm temperatures. We are tracking another weather system for Monday that could bring some heavy rain and some strong storms.

--Weather Forecaster Tyler Ryan

Follow us on Twitter @NLIWeather for breaking weather updates.

NewsLink Indiana is a proud Ambassador for the NOAA Weather-Ready Nation program.

For more information about the Weather-Ready Nation program please click HERE