Winners announced for the 36th annual MTV Music Video Awards
With 23 categories and 24 performers this year, comedian Sebastian Maniscalco hosted the 2019 MTV Music Video Awards. Nominees for the awards were released July 23, and winners were announced August 26.
Ariana Grande, Taylor Swift and Billie Eilish won the most awards of night with 3 “Moon Persons” each.
Here is a list of all the winners from the ceremony:
- Video of the year: Taylor Swift — "You Need to Calm Down"
- Artist of the year: Ariana Grande
- Song of the year: by Lil Nas X ft. Billy Ray Cyrus — “Old Town Road (Remix)”
- Best new artist: Billie Eilish
- Best collaboration: Shawn Mendes, Camila Cabello — "Señorita"
- Push artist of the year: Billie Eilish
- Best pop: Jonas Brothers — "Sucker"
- Best hip-hop: Cardi B — "Money"
- Best R&B: Normani ft. 6lack — "Waves"
- Best K-Pop: BTS ft. Halsey — "Boy With Luv"
- Best latin: Rosalía & J Balvin ft. El Guincho — "Con Altura"
- Best dance: The Chainsmokers ft. Bebe Rexha — "Call You Mine"
- Best rock: Panic! At The Disco — "High Hopes"
- Video for good: Taylor Swift — "You Need to Calm Down"
- Best group: BTS
- Best power anthem: Megan Thee Stallion ft. Nicki Minaj & Ty Dolla $ign — "Hot Girl Summer"
- Song of the summer: Ariana Grande, Social House — "Boyfriend"
- Best direction: Lil Nas X ft. Billy Ray Cyrus — "Old Town Road (Remix)" Directed by Calmatic
- Best visual effects: Visual Effects by Loris Paillier & Lucas Salton for BUF VFX for Taylor Swift ft. Brendon Urie of Panic! At The Disco — "ME!"
- Best editing: Editing by Billie Eilish for Billie Eilish — "Bad Guy"
- Best choreography: Choreography by Charm La'Donna for Rosalía & J Balvin ft. El Guincho — "Con Altura"
- Best art direction: Art Direction by John Richoux for Ariana Grande — "7 Rings"
- Best cinematography: Cinematography by Scott Cunningham for Shawn Mendes & Camila Cabello — "Señorita"