Muncie Animal Care and Services looking for adoptive homes for pets, offers Valentine's special

MUNCIE, Ind. (NewsLink) - Muncie Animal Care and Services still needs your help finding homes for pets.

Just last year, the shelter took in over 3,000 animals and have 150 cats and 83 dogs remaining. With the cold temperatures looming, the shelter is still taking in animals.

Melissa Blair, the new director of the Muncie Animal Shelter, said the goal of the shelter is "to do the best job and safeguard all of the animals in Delaware County.” Blair also said it is important to find the proper fit for each animal. They have animals returned because of issues such as allergies, different interactions with other family members, and even living issues with landlords.

If you are interested in adopting a pet, the normal adoption fees are $65 for cats and $100 for dogs, but from February 1-14, the shelter is running a “Sweetheart Special. ”All pets are $25, and two adult cats can be adopted for $40. 

For those who are not able to adopt a pet at this time, there are other ways to help the shelter. Volunteers are welcome and Doggy Date Nights, where you are allowed to spend time with a dog overnight and return them the next day, are also an option.

For more information, contact the Muncie Animal Shelter at 765- 747- 4851 or visit their website http://www.cityofmuncie.com/muncie-animal-shelter.htm.