Do-it-yourself ways to bring the winter snow indoors
For those who love the sight of snow but hate the chilly temperatures that come with it, there are easy solutions to fulfill your longing for the frozen water.
While snow angels may be a little out of reach unless you have a 10-gallon bucket to mix the fake snow and an open room you can lay down in, you can still craft snowman and snowballs from the silky material.
These quick creations can also help relieve stress by functioning as a makeshift stress ball, and they also allow you to express yourself.
Here are the two-ingredient recipes to help you bring the beauty of the outside indoors.
What you need:
- Baking soda
- Spray shaving cream
- Essential oil or scent
- Depending on how much snow you want to make, measure out your baking soda. The suggested amount is two cups.
- Put the baking soda into a large mixing bowl.
- Spray a small amount of shaving cream into the bowl with the baking soda.
- Mix the shaving cream into the baking soda.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4, until you get a powdery, flakey texture.
- The “snow” should fall out of your hand like snow falls from the sky.
- Once you get your desired texture, add the optional scent and mix it in with the shaving cream and baking powder mixture. (Reminder: If you add a scent and you play with your snow, it will make your hands smell the same way.)
- Enjoy your snow by making wintry creations.
What you need:
- 2 cups cornstarch
- 1-2 cups scented or unscented hair conditioner
- Glitter of your choice
- Measure out the two cups of cornstarch and put it in a bowl.
- Measure out one cup of hair conditioner and add it to the cornstarch.
- Mix until hair conditioner is completely dissolved.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 until the desired dough texture is achieved. (This may take a few tries. It is best to add a little bit of conditioner at a time. You may also have to add more cornstarch if the mixture becomes too liquidy.)
- Once the desired texture is reached, sprinkle in the glitter of your choice. (To make snow dough, it is recommended that you use blue, but you can use any color or even mix multiple colors.)
- Completely mix in the glitter.
- Remove your dough from the bowl and begin making all the creations that come to mind.
Tip: The best way to store the dough is to seal is in a Ziplock bag or put it in a tupperware bowl.