Two Muncie residents arrested for dealing heroin, meth

<p>Jacob Reams, 29, was arrested and preliminarily charged with one count of possession of meth over 10 grams, one count of possession of heroin and paraphernalia, one count of maintaining a common nuisance and two counts of dealing heroin. <strong>Photo Provided, Delaware County Jail&nbsp;</strong></p>

Jacob Reams, 29, was arrested and preliminarily charged with one count of possession of meth over 10 grams, one count of possession of heroin and paraphernalia, one count of maintaining a common nuisance and two counts of dealing heroin. Photo Provided, Delaware County Jail 

Following an arranged purchase of narcotics by a confidential informant (CI), the Muncie Police Narcotis Unit and SWAT team arrested Jacob Reams, 29, and Christy Buis, 36, Thursday. 

At the end of August, an investigator at Muncie Police Department arranged for a CI to purchase heroin from Reams, a suspected drug dealer.

Christy Buis, 36, was arrested and preliminarily charged with one count of procession of meth over 10 grams, one count of procession of heroin and paraphernalia and one count of maintaining a common nuisance. Photo Provided, Delaware County Jail 

The CI purchased narcotics from the suspect—who lives on Rex Street—twice within a week. Both purchases were made after an MPD investigator searched the CI and provided them with U.S. currency, according to a police report. 

Each purchase was transported in a clear plastic bag and contained a powdery, white substance, which was later identified as heroin. 

Upon executing a search at the suspect’s home, investigators found a shotgun, two handguns, used and unused syringes, a glass smoking instrument, approximately 1.98 grams of what investigators assumed to be heroin and 21.75 grams of meth, U.S. currency, several digital scales, torn plastic baggies and several rounds of ammunition in the front bedroom, according to a police report. 

In a statement, Reams said he “fronted drugs to people,” but wasn’t a dealer. He also said he lived at the house on Rex Street, in the front bedroom. Reams said the found firearms belonged to him, along with the narcotics. 

Reams is preliminarily charged with one count of possession of meth over 10 grams, one count of possession of heroin and paraphernalia, one count of maintaining a common nuisance and two counts of dealing heroin. 

Buis said she was in a relationship with Reams, who she got her heroin from, and said she knew Reams “was dealing heroin and meth on a regular basis,” according to a police report. 

Buis is preliminarily charged with one count of possession of meth over 10 grams, one count of possession of heroin and paraphernalia and one count of maintaining a common nuisance.

Both Reams and Buis were arrested and held on a $30,500 and a $20,500 bond, respectively. At the time of publish, both suspects were still in custody. 

Contact Mary Freda with comments at mafreda@bsu.edu or on Twitter @Mary_Freda1.