These inexpensive decorations and gifts are easy to make and a great way to get into the holiday spirit. Whether you need a gift to give your friend or you want to make your space more festive, here are a few ways to hand-make your holidays:
Hot Cocoa Mix Ornament
What you need:
- A plastic, fillable ornament
- A funnel
- Instant hot chocolate mix
- Chocolate chips
- Mini marshmallows
- A pen
- A hole punch
- Take the top off of the ornament and clean the inside.
- Using a funnel, fill the ornament with the hot chocolate mix, sprinkles, chocolate chips and mini marshmallows.
- Put the top of the ornament back on.
- Using a pen, write “mix with 8 ounces of hot water” on a slip of paper.
- Hole punch the top of the slip and pull ribbon through the hole.
- Tie the ribbon around the top of the ornament.
- Hang the ornament on your tree or give it as a gift.
Ornament window decor
What You Need:
- Using scissors, cut the ribbon in different lengths.
- Tie the ribbon to the ornaments.
- Tape the end of the ribbon to the top of a window or a wall to hang the ornament.
Present Door Decoration
What You Need:
- Wrapping paper
- Cut wrapping paper to the length of front of your door. Have a friend hold the paper up to the door as you tape it.
- Repeat this until both sides of the door are completely covered.
- Add a large ribbon on your door to look like a present.
Contact Sabrina Schnetzer with comments at firstname.lastname@example.org.