Intoxicated Muncie woman arrested after biting paramedic

A Muncie woman was arrested Tuesday night after police say she became violent and bit a paramedic. 

Deanna Reyneveld, 30, is preliminarily charged with one count of battery against a healthcare worker, one count of resisting law enforcement and one count of disorderly conduct, according to a probable cause affidavit. 

Police were dispatched to the 1700 block of West 17th Street due to reports of an intoxicated person causing trouble. According to court documents, police found Reyneveld crawling on the floor when they arrived.

Reyneveld also began to scream profanities and swing her arms "like a small child." EMS personnel later arrived on-scene to provide medical attention. 

When EMS arrived, Reyneveld "became increasingly violent" and at one point kicked a responding officer and hit him with her shoe. Reyneveld was transported to the hospital when paramedics weren't able to provide medical attention on scene. 

As she was being loaded into the ambulance, Reyneveld began to hit the paramedic and then bit his hand. Hospital staff eventually had to restrain her to her bed. When Reyneveld was being transported to the jail, she attempted to run away from police, but was taken down by an officer. 

Reyneveld is currently being held in the Delaware County Jail on an $8,500 bond. 

Contact Max Lewis with comments at lmaxwell2@bsu.edu or on Twitter at @MaxLewisReports.