Square Donuts replaces Bowman Bakery in dining halls

<p>Students take free donuts being handed out by Square Donuts in the Atrium Monday, Nov. 27. Students can now buy Square Donuts in each of the residence halls’ dining areas, the Atrium and the Student Center. Ball State University Dining, Photo Provided</p>

Students take free donuts being handed out by Square Donuts in the Atrium Monday, Nov. 27. Students can now buy Square Donuts in each of the residence halls’ dining areas, the Atrium and the Student Center. Ball State University Dining, Photo Provided

One company is squaring up to be the new face of Ball State’s doughnuts.

Starting Tuesday, students can buy Square Donuts in each of the residence halls’ dining areas, the Atrium and the Student Center, owner Michael Ingram said.

This is the third company to supply doughnuts to dining halls in a year. In December, Concannon's Bakery halted deliveries to campus. Bowman Bakery replaced it and began delivering doughnuts to campus in January.

RELATED: Concannon's ends deliveries to Ball State dining halls

RELATED: Bowman Bakery replaces Concannon's doughnuts in dining halls

Dining said Square Donuts will be the only doughnut provider at Ball State.

“We're really excited about all the unique flavors students will be able to choose from with Square Donuts; when you're deciding between an Oreo-topped donuts and a Fruity Pebbles-topped donut, it's a good day,” a Dining representative said in an email statement.

Now, Ingram said he wants his company to be the "face" of Ball State's doughnuts.

Ingram sees campus as more than a business deal. As an alumnus, he wants to give back to the campus he said gave him so much.

“I’m really excited to just be back and to be a part of the school that played such a big role in framing who I am and put me in the position I am now, personally,” Ingram said.

In doing so, Ingram wants to incorporate Square Donuts into the fabric of the campus atmosphere.

“Ball State is such a vibrant, diverse community,” Ingram said. “It gives us such a great opportunity to really be a part of all that Ball State has going on.”

Students got their first taste of Ball State’s new doughnuts Monday in the Atrium, and Ingram said he felt good about their responses leading up to the giveaway.

“From all corners of the state, people are really familiar with the Square Donuts brand, and we’re really proud of that,” Ingram said.

The doughnuts will make a 45-minute trek from the Square Donuts’ Richmond location to be available for purchase at breakfast every day.

Contact Sara Barker with comments at slbarker3@bsu.edu or on Twitter at @sarabarker326.