Men’s golf sits second going into final round at Old Dominion

<p>Junior Timothy Wiseman studies the green before putting at hole 11 during the Earl Yestingsmeier Memorial Invitational on April 14 at the Deleware Country Club. The Cardinals played at ODU/OBX Intercollegiate in North Carolina Oct. 22-24. <strong>Kaiti Sullivan, DN File</strong></p>

Junior Timothy Wiseman studies the green before putting at hole 11 during the Earl Yestingsmeier Memorial Invitational on April 14 at the Deleware Country Club. The Cardinals played at ODU/OBX Intercollegiate in North Carolina Oct. 22-24. Kaiti Sullivan, DN File

Ball State men’s golf has put itself in a position to have its best team finish of the season. The Cardinals sit in second heading into the final round of the ODU/OBX Intercollegiate, with a team score of nine shots under par.

Ball State's five golfers are among the top 30 through two rounds recording a team score of 279. 

The team has a tournament best 44 birdies heading into tomorrow’s final round. Freshman Jack Cunningham and senior Michael Makris have both sank 10 each.

Ball State has a lot of ground to make up to contend for the win, sitting 19 shots back of defending ODU/OBX Intercollegiate champion Campbell. 

Cunningham continues to impress in his freshman campaign, leading the Cardinals on the individual leaderboard. Cunningham sits tied for fifth, shooting five shots under par through two rounds, four shots behind the leader.

Makris and junior Timothy Wiseman sit tied for 14th, shooting scores of 70 and 71 to put them one shot under par. 

Senior Johnny Watts sits at one shot over par, tied for 23rd, but had the lowest round score on the team today with a 68.

Senior Michael VanDeventer wrapped up the Cardinals scoring, sitting tied for 28th on the leaderboard, having a score of two under par.  

Ball State enters the round of the ODU/OBX Intercollegiate tomorrow at 9:30 a.m., teeing off the first tee.