Ball State Dance Marathon kicks off year with FTKarnival

<p>Dancers participate in a free dance session during the annual Ball State University Dance Marathon on Feb. 25 in the Field Sports Building. The event is celebrating its 10th anniversary and has a goal to raise $765,000 to support Riley's Hospital for Children in Indianapolis. <strong>Kyle Crawford, DN</strong></p>

Dancers participate in a free dance session during the annual Ball State University Dance Marathon on Feb. 25 in the Field Sports Building. The event is celebrating its 10th anniversary and has a goal to raise $765,000 to support Riley's Hospital for Children in Indianapolis. Kyle Crawford, DN

Ball State Dance Marathon kicks offs the semester tonight with FTKarnival.

The annual event is from 6-9 p.m. on the University Green. FTKarnival gives students the opportunity to participate in carnival games, a dunk tank and a pie-in-the-face station along with the chance to receive prizes and eat carnival foods like popcorn and cotton candy.

“It's a fun way to come and meet the directors and get involved in something that is an amazing cause on campus and also have a great time doing it,” Becca White BSUDM director of recruitment said.

BSUDM hopes to not only allow previous committee members to reconnect with directors, but also give freshmen and those new to the dance marathon experience a chance to see what dance marathon is about. 

RELATED: Browning selected as BSUDM Alumni Association's president

This year, the BSUDM committee is working hard to grow in participants, corporate relationships and the amount they are able to donate to Riley Children’s hospital.

White encourages students to check out FTKarnival to find out more about BSUDM. There will also be many opportunities this semester to learn about the group.

BSUDM will be hosting call-out meeting Tuesday and Thursday from 9 to 9:30 p.m. in Teachers College room 121.