ORIENTATION GUIDE: What's the ____ center?

Editors note: Every year, The Daily News produces the orientation guide for incoming freshman. This story first appeared in The Cardinal Field Guide printed in May 2017. To read the full issue, click here.

Whether you need help with something academic or have a health issue, Ball State has a lot of centers to help with almost anything students need.

Career Center

The center assists students with exploring career options. It serves the university in career and professional-development, on-campus student employment, employer relations, and post-graduate outcomes. The Career Center is located on the second floor of Lucina Hall.

Disability Services

Located in the L. A. Pittenger Student Center, this resource can assist to creating an environment that fosters access and opportunity for students with disabilities. DS can help coordinate accommodations for students with disabilities.

Health Center

The Health Center can manage most medical problems including but not limited to: upper respiratory infections, strep throat, mononucleosis, pneumonia, sinus infections, abdominal pain, heartburn, rashes, chest pain, depression, anxiety, headaches, back pain, acne, ankle/shoulder/knee/wrist injuries. 

They provide STI testing, allergy shots and immunizations/Vaccinations.

Learning Center

Offers student-centered programs and services that enhance students’ success. Their services include: tutoring, test proctoring, and supplemental instruction for all core classes and foreign languages. The center is on the second floor of North Quad.

Multicultural Center

Not only does the center seek to help ethnic minority students on campus, but also assists in educating the campus community on issues regarding race and diversity. The center also serves as a place for students to get together and hang out, get papers done in the computer lab, or get research done in the Malcolm C Library.

Rinker Center for International Programs

Ball State’s resource for international study. Their services include Academic Engagement and Global Initiatives, International Recruitment and Admissions, International Student Services, and Study Abroad. The Rinker Center is in the L.A. Pittenger Student Center.

The Writing Center

Provides free one-to-one tutoring on writing projects for any member of the Ball State University community. The center is staffed with a collection of undergraduate students and graduate tutors from a variety of fields. They are located in the Robert Bell building.