Muncie man allegedly strangled, threatened to kill the mother of his child

A Muncie man is facing a string of charges after police say he strangled the mother of his child and held her captive in his home. 

Zachary R. Scott, 27, was arrested Friday on one count of domestic battery in the presence of a child, one count of domestic battery resulting in moderate bodily injury, two counts of strangulation, two counts of criminal confinement and two counts of intimidation, according to a probable cause affidavit. 

The victim took their 3-month-old child to Scott's residence to visit and Scott "confronted her about seeing another man." Scott then strangled the victim while she was holding their child. 

Scott took the victim's cell phone and keys and the would not let her leave. Scott stood in the doorway of the residence for approximately two hours. At one point he got a hammer and told the victim how he was going to beat her with it, according to the affidavit. 

Scott eventually let the victim leave and later called the victim to apologize. 

Later that night, the victim called Scott and invited him to go shopping with her and their child. When she arrived Scott took her keys and cell phone and went inside the house. 

The victim followed Scott into the house. Scott then grabbed her by the throat, held a knife to it and then threatened to kill her. 

"If the cops come I am going to kill you," Scott said according to the affidavit. 

Scott continued to block the victim from leaving until she agreed to take him to the store to buy alcohol. Once at the store, the victim refused to get back in the car with Scott and he proceeded to walk away. 

Scott is currently being held in the Delaware County Jail on a $42,500 bond.