Muncie Children's Museum hosts summer programs to celebrate 40 years

<p>The Muncie Children&#x27;s Museum located in downtown Muncie. <strong>Reagan Allen, DN File</strong></p>

The Muncie Children's Museum located in downtown Muncie. Reagan Allen, DN File

This June, the Muncie Children’s Museum turns 40 years old and has plenty of activities planned to celebrate.

Since it's doors opened in 1977, the Muncie Children’s Museum has been serving the community by working “to provide fun through educational and interactive opportunities.”

Admission into the Museum is $6 unless otherwise stated and more information can be found on the museum’s website.

Here's a list of upcoming events at the locations at the downtown location.

Safari Summer

This summer is a Safari Summer at the Muncie Children’s Museum. Children will be able to participate in safari-themed games and crafts along with shows and animal encounters throughout the month. Safari Summer events will take place from June 6 to July 30. The events will run from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday and 1-3 p.m. on Sundays.

Hip Hip Hooray it’s MCM’s BDay: Community Celebration

On June 24 from 11 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. the museum will be hosting several events in celebration of it's 40th Birthday. Starting at 11 a.m., Lucky Diaz and the Family Jam Band will be performing at Canan Commons. At 12:30 p.m. there will be face painting, magic, balloon art and birthday games at the Museum and birthday treat decorating will take place while supplies last from 3:30-4:30 p.m.

Free Saturday

Every third Saturday of the month is free all day, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Half Price Sunday

On the second Sunday of each month the Museum is open from 1-5 p.m. and admission only costs $3.