Clouds and colder temperatures ahead!

MUNCIE, IN (NewsLink Indiana) --

Good afternoon everyone! It's been a beautiful day so far! Will that change? Find out below.

Today: It's a great day outside today, with temperatures in the 70s and perfectly sunny skies! Make sure to go outside and enjoy the weather, today will be the nicest in the 7-day forecast!

Tonight: Tonight, clouds will build into the region as a cold front approaches the area. While we won't feel the temperature or precipitation effects of the system until Wednesday night into Thursday, the "cloud shield" will stick around until the front passes. Temperatures will stay warm overnight and for the morning tomorrow, so it's safe to put away those jackets until Thursday!

Tomorrow: We'll start off warm tomorrow, and it'll be a nice day, despite the cloud cover. In fact, the cloud cover will likely help keep us below the 80 degree mark tomorrow, otherwise we could be talking about one of the warmest days since October! Showers and storms will be possible throughout the afternoon, with more likely chances after the 4PM time frame. Some thunderstorms could also be in the area, however, severe weather is not expected at this time.

7-Day Forecast: Taking a look at the 7-day forecast, cloudy skies will be the rule for the most part. That cold front will really be felt this weekend, keeping us around or just below the 60 degree mark. Make sure to stay tuned for the latest up-to-date weather information in regards to storms on Thursday, a Marginal risk of severe weather has been issued for portions of Central and Northern Ohio, but we're still a few days out and that can change. Rain chances will return briefly on Saturday before we kick off the work week next week with Mostly Sunny skies, with mild temperatures in store. Have a wonderful day everyone!

Make sure to follow us on Twitter @NLIWeather

-- NewsLink Indiana Weather Forecaster Adam Grimes

NewsLink Indiana is a proud Ambassador for the NOAA Weather-Ready Nation program. For more information about the Weather-Ready Nation program please click HERE