Chase Bryant To Headline #Chirpies April 10

Chase Bryant, the 24–year–old rising star, top–flight guitar player and head–turning songwriter, will bring his high energy live show to Emens Auditorium April 10 as the headliner for the 2017 Chirpies.

“So many college students have a passion for both music and sports, so bringing the two together for a student-athlete awards show seems like a natural fit,” Bryant said. “Really excited, it’s going to be a blast!”

The Ball State Student Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) and the nation’s first digital sports production program, Ball State Sports Link, will present the university’s third annual student-athlete awards show.

Bryant will perform throughout the awards show, including a post show concert. Additional presenters and guests will be announced soon.

The live show, which begins at 7 p.m. promptly and modeled after The ESPYs, is free and open to the public.

Multiple awards including Female Athlete of the Year, Male Athlete of the Year, Coach of the Year, the Cardinal Caring Award and the Comeback Award will be handed out.

Participating sponsors of this year’s event are BSU’s Student Government Association and University Program Board.

Ticket Information:

• Ball State Student tickets are FREE at the Emens box office with a valid Ball State ID. Limit one ticket per student ID and four student IDs per person.
  • Ticket distribution will begin at 7 a.m on Fri., March 17. Students who pick tickets up before 10 a.m. Friday will receive special priority seating and a Chirpies prize pack — including a free t-shirt — the night of the show.
  • The public may pick up four FREE tickets per person beginning at 10 a.m on Fri., March 17.
  • No queuing before 6:45 am. Camping out and early queuing is not necessary and not permitted.

Bryant’s guitar–wielding Top 10 debut single “Take It On Back” has reached three million combined views on YouTube/ VEVO, spent 15 consecutive weeks on the CMT Hot 20 Countdown and is a GAC Top 20 Country Countdown video.

“Take It On Back” was a Top 20 Billboard Hot Country Song in the U.S. and a Top 20 Most Watched Video on VEVO TV Nashville. Internationally, the single is a Top 20 hit in Canada and soared to become the #1 video on Australia’s CMC Countdown.

Bryant’s Top 3 up–tempo rocker “Little Bit Of You” lead Rolling Stone to laud Bryant one of it’s “10 New Country Artists You Need To Know.” Bryant’s new single, the smoldering “Room To Breathe” marks a thrilling evolution in the young star’s artistry.

The rising 24-year old star has been named an “On the Verge” Artist by USA Today and iHeart Media; a “Hot Star” by Pollstar; one of “10 Country Artists You’re Going To Love” by Teen Vogue; “One of the Best Things We Saw at CMA Fest” by Rolling Stone; “a superstar in waiting” by Taste of Country, a “Next Big Thing 2015” Star by MusicRow Magazine as well as an “Artist to Watch in 2015” by The Huffington Post, Nashville Lifestyles, Taste of Country, Roughstock, Country Music Is Love and many more.