SAT wants volunteers for annual 24 hours of service

<p>The Ball State Student Action Team is hosting their annual 24 hours of service April 8 and 9.&nbsp;Today marks the deadline for volunteer applications. The first 100 volunteers get a free T-shirt. Student Action Team Facebook // Photo Courtesy</p>

The Ball State Student Action Team is hosting their annual 24 hours of service April 8 and 9. Today marks the deadline for volunteer applications. The first 100 volunteers get a free T-shirt. Student Action Team Facebook // Photo Courtesy

The Ball State Student Action Team is hosting their annual 24 hours of service April 8 and 9.

SAT partnered with local organizations to provide service projects for students and other volunteers to work on over a 24-hour period.

Volunteers are not expected to work the full period from 5 p.m. to 5 p.m., and shifts will be taken in two to four hour increments.

Workers will also be able to select the volunteer opportunity they are most interested in, although top choices are not guaranteed.

The 24 hours of service will kick off in Dehority Complex, where volunteers will be accepting admission donations for Muncie Animal Shelter ARF.

SAT will also provide transportation for students who need a ride to and from their assigned service site.

If requested, SAT will provide documentation to show a student’s participation in the event for class or organization requirements.

The deadline has been extended until April 2 for volunteer applications, and all who sign up will get a free T-shirt.

Volunteers can sign up on Benny Link