PREVIEW: Ball State women's basketball vs. Western Michigan

Senior center Renee Bennett attempts to get past a Bowling Green player to shoot a layup during the game on Feb. 8 in Worthen Arena. The Cardinals won 91-70. Grace Ramey // DN

Ball State statistics

Points per game: 75.8 (3rd MAC)

Points allowed per game: 64.0 (5th MAC)

Shooting percentage: 44.9 percent (1st MAC)

Western Michigan statistics

Points per game: 68.4 (7th MAC)

Points allowed per game: 62.5 (4th MAC)

Shooting percentage: 42.3 percent (4th MAC)

Ball State women's basketball travels to Kalamazoo, Michigan, Tuesday to take on Western Michigan.

The Cardinals (18-8, 11-3 MAC) are third in the Mid-American Conference with 75.8 points per game, but were limited to 61 points in its Jan. 7 win over Western Michigan (16-9, 7-7 MAC).

Western Michigan played a tight game against Ball State in Muncie Jan. 7. The Cardinals won 61-56, but it was a close game where the Broncos trailed by three points with just 13 seconds to go.

Ball State leads the MAC with a 44.9 percent shooting percentage and is led by senior center Renee Bennett, who scored 17.5 points and hauls in 8.3 rebounds per game.

Western Michigan is fourth in the conference with a 42.3 percent shooting percentage but has to contend with a Ball State defense that leads the MAC with 4.1 blocks per game. Almost everyone on the team contributes with blocks as well — sophomore guard Destiny Washington leads the Cardinals with 1.1 blocks per game, but is just eighth in the conference.

The Cardinals are tied for second in the MAC West Division and trail division-leader Central Michigan (20-6, 12-2 MAC) by one game.

Ball State and Western Michigan tip off at 7 p.m. Wednesday at University Arena in Kalamazoo.