What's New on Netflix in January

Netflix added  several titles to its lineup in January, including a TV series based of popular children's books and some classics. Here are a few titles to stream this month.

1. The Parent Trap

Before Lindsay Lohan, actress Hayley Mills played both twins who find out they were separated at birth. While at summer camp, the girls switch identities and try to reunite their parents. This original version of the story was released in 1961 by Disney.

2. Bee Movie

The movie that has become the subject of many jokes and memes recently was also released Jan. 1. A recent college graduate, bee Barry B. Benson, meets a florist, Vanessa, in New York City and discovers a whole new world, in which humans eat honey.

3. Alice: Through the Looking Glass

Release Date: Jan. 11 

Anne Hathaway and Johnny Depp star in the sequel to 2010’s Alice in Wonderland. After sailing for three years, Alice returns to find out her ex-fiancé has taken over her father’s company and wants her father’s ship next. Alice runs away and reunites with the White Rabbit and Chesire Cat, while continuing to travel back and forth in time.

4. A Series of Unfortunate Events

Release Date: Jan. 13 

Based off the books by Lemony Snicket, Neil Patrick Harris will play Count Olaf, the evil uncle to the Baudelaire orphans. The show was adapted by Netflix and promises to be super faithful to the books.

5. Sharknado: The 4th Awakens

Release Date: Jan. 27 

If the first three weren’t enough, SyFy created a fourth installment of the Sharknado series last year. There hasn’t been a sharknado in five years, but a new one appears as Fin heads to Las Vegas.