New Orleans Saints sign Jordan Williams

Ball State’s senior wide receiver Jordan Williams attempts to gain a few yards during the game against Bowling Green on Nov. 24 in Scheumann Stadium. DN PHOTO GRACE RAMEY

Jordan Williams career statistics

Receptions - 200

Receiving yards - 2,723

Receiving touchdowns - 24

Hours after being passed over in the NFL Draft, former Ball State wide receiver Jordan Williams signed with the New Orleans Saints as an undrafted free agent. 

As a senior in 2015, Williams racked up 920 receiving yards on 72 receptions and scored eight touchdowns. He was sixth in the Mid-American Conference with six receptions per game and 76.7 receiving yards per game.

He also totaled 2,723 yards in his Ball State career, the fourth-most in Cardinals history. He is fourth with 200 career receptions.

Williams will join former Cardinal Willie Snead in New Orleans. As a rookie, Snead was second on the Saints' roster with 984 yards.

Like Williams, Snead was an undrafted free agent. He was signed by the Cleveland Browns after the 2014 NFL Draft but was cut in the preseason. After a stint with the Carolina Panthers' practice squad, he was picked up by New Orleans in December 2014.

Williams, originally from Indianapolis, was named second-team All-MAC in both 2014 and 2015. He was also invited to play in the NFL Players' Association Collegiate Bowl, where he led both teams with five receptions and 54 yards.

The Saints have not yet set a date for their training camp, but last year it began in late July.