Women's golf finishes 9th at MAC championship

<p>Senior Allison Lindley led all individual statistics for the Ball State women's golf team and&nbsp;hopes to carry the momentum she built last season to this season. The golf&nbsp;team will head to Illinois State University this weekend to compete in the annual Redbird Invitational. <em>Ball State Athletics // Photo Provided&nbsp;</em></p>

Senior Allison Lindley led all individual statistics for the Ball State women's golf team and hopes to carry the momentum she built last season to this season. The golf team will head to Illinois State University this weekend to compete in the annual Redbird Invitational. Ball State Athletics // Photo Provided 

Ball State women's golf concluded its season with a ninth-place finish at the Mid-American Conference championship this weekend, finishing with a three-day score of 920.

Kent State, Golfweek's 14th-ranked team in the country, won the tournament with a three-day total of 868, good enough for a four-stroke advantage. Akron's Danielle Nicholson won the individual title, shooting 5 under par over the three days.

Junior Allison Lindley led the Cardinals at 14 over par, with sophomore Morgan Nadaline finishing one stroke behind her at 15 over. The two finished 14th and T15th, respectively.

Lindley was the team's leading golfer this season with an average score of 76.55 entering the tournament. She also led the team with five top-10 finishes, one of which came at the same course as the conference championship.

The Cardinals improved their score on each day of the tournament, a trend that has been prevalent over the course of the entire season.

Though the Cardinals finished ninth, none of the five starters at the MAC championship were seniors and will return next year.