Track and field places 11th at MAC Indoor Championships

High Jump

Regan Lewis: 10th, 1.64m

Triple Jump

Zenée Gadson: 6th, 12.03m (3 points)

Gabrielle Perryman: 15th, 11.14m

Shotput

Michaela Hull: 16th, 12.66m

Adrienne Mayfield: 19th, 9.95m

60m Dash

Peyton Stewart: 4th, 7.56 (career-best) (5 points)

800m Run

Danielle Dahl: 7th, 2:13.27 (2 points)

4x400m Relay

Amber McGee, Olivia Ashba, Danielle Dahl, Gabby Sims: 6th, 3:46.13 (3 points)

Ball State track and field finished 11th in the Mid-American Conference Indoor Championships this past weekend in Akron, Ohio, with a total score of 14 points.

Head coach Brian Etelman said he thought the Cardinals improved throughout the season.

“Certainly 11th place is not something we will brag about, but our finish is not reflective of the tremendous growth we have made this year as a team, particularly in regards to how we handle business," he said. "We will be infinitely better outdoors, and we are all looking forward to it.”

The 4x400-meter relay consisting of freshman Amber McGee, junior Olivia Ashba, senior Danielle Dahl and sophomore Gabby Sims scored 3 points for Ball State with a time of 3:46.13, the best relay time for Ball State since 2008.

Freshman Peyton Stewart placed fourth in the 60-meter dash with a time of 7.56. Her finish was the best by a Ball State sprinter in a championship race since 2009 and earned 5 points for her team.

Dahl placed seventh in the 800-meter run with a time of 2:13.27.

Senior Zenée Gadson earned sixth in the triple jump at 12.03 meters, good for 3 points. Gadson is also the first Ball State student-athlete to score in the triple jump since Terri Abraham placed sixth in 2008.

Etelman said he enjoyed seeing his team compete.

“I was incredibly proud of our student-athletes for stepping up and fighting for two days straight," he said. "The MAC is an impressively competitive conference. We handled the dogfight well and made a huge step forward in building our program.”

The Cardinals will begin the outdoor season March 19 at Butler's Bulldog Opener in Indianapolis.