Ball State women's basketball signs 3 national letters of intent

Head Coach Brady Sallee shouts onto the court during the game against Ohio. DN PHOTO JONATHAN MIKSANEK

Player Bios

Morgan Glatczak (Mukwonago, Wis./Wukwonago) 6-foot-4 post player

Aliyah Walker (Indianapolis, Ind./Brownsburg) 5-foot-10 wing

Megan Walton (Fishers, Ind./Hamilton Southeastern) 5-foot-9 wing

The Cardinals' women's basketball team managed to sign three new prep players to national letters of intent for the 2016-17 season.

On Nov. 11, head coach Brady Sallee announced the signing of Morgan Glatczak from Mukwonago, Wis., Aliyah Walker from Brownsburg, Ind., and Megan Walton from Fishers, Ind.

“We are really excited to welcome [Walker, Walton and Glatczak] to our basketball program,” Sallee said in a statement. “They all fill some very specific need for us, but most importantly they are all impressive, high-character young ladies.”

Glatczak broke out in her junior season, averaging 10 points and 9 rebounds per game on her way to earning First Team All-Classic 8 Conference and All-Area Team High Honorable mentions.

At the Wisconsin Basketball Academy Prestige summer program, Glatczak was one of six WBA Prestige 2016 commitments, the only one of which who went on to sign a letter of intent at a Division-1 university.

Her 6-foot-4 stature allowed her to dominate the rebound and blocking categories for the summer team. She averaged 7.5 rebounds and 3.8 blocks per game. The next person on the statistical leaders list for the WBA averaged1.5.

"I am so thankful that [Glatczak] chose to play for me at Ball State," Sallee said in a statement. "Her size, talent level, versatility and work ethic make her an exciting addition to our club."

Sallee also recruited Walker out of Brownsburg High School, the 5-foot-10 wing averaged 14 points and 13 rebounds per game as a junior. She was named to the Hoosier Crossroads All-Conference Team the last two seasons and received the Indiana Classic Basketball All-Star Classic Mental Attitude Award. 

Walker broke a school record last season with 26 rebounds. The previous record of 25 stood for the past 36 years.

“What I love about [Walker] is the aggressiveness and fearlessness that she plays with from start to finish," Salle said in a statement. "She will be an absolute rebounding machine [and] ... will prove to be a matchup nightmare."

The third recruit to sign a letter of intent for Sallee is 5-foot-9 Walton. She averaged 11.2 points per game her junior season, which has increased to 16 through her first two games as a senior.

Walton was also named to the Indiana Basketball Coaches Association Underclass girls basketball team as a junior. She also joined soon-to-be teammate Walker as a recipient of the Hoosier Crossroads All-Conference team last season.

“[Walton] is the perfect fit for our Ball State basketball program," Sallee said. "She is a lefty that can do it all and will prove to be an incredible asset for us in many places."