Sallee receives contract extension

Head coach Brady Sallee reaches to a play that was called during the game against Purdue on Nov. 14 at Worthen Arena. DN PHOTO BREANNA DAUGHERTY

Brady Sallee - Record by season

2012-13 - 17-16

2013-14 - 18-17

2014-15 - 17-14

For the second time in three seasons, Ball State women's basketball coach Brady Sallee received a contract extension.

Director of Athletics Mark Sandy announced that Sallee's extension will run through the 2019-20 season. Sallee has led Ball State to a 52-47 record during his tenure.

“I would like to thank President Ferguson and our Director of Athletics, Mark Sandy, for their continued support of our entire women’s basketball program at Ball State," Sallee said in a statement. "Our first three years have been tremendous and I look forward to the future with great excitement and anticipation. I love the kids I get to coach every day and am thankful that I will continue to have this opportunity for years to come."

The Cardinals finished the 2014-15 season with a 17-14 (13-5) record. They qualified for a third straight Women's National Invitation Tournament appearance.

Sallee is the second coach in program history to put together three straight winning seasons.

His career coaching record is 188-142.