Football opens Spring Practice March 24

The Ball State football team runs out onto the field before the game against Western Michigan on Oct. 11 at Scheumann Stadium. DN PHOTO BREANNA DAUGHERTY

What: Football Spring Practice 

When: March 24 - April 18 

The Ball State football team announced its Spring Practice will begin on March 24 and conclude with the annual Spring Game at 3 p.m. on April 18.

Ball State finished last season at 5-7 overall and 4-4 in the Mid-American Conference, falling short of the six wins needed for a bowl game invite.

“We have had a productive off-season in terms of physical development as well as the building of team chemistry,” Ball State head football coach Pete Lembo said in a statement. “Numerous returning players got a taste of significant game action last fall and now have an opportunity to build on those experiences. The coaching staff and I are looking forward to getting back out on the field with this group of young men." 

The Cardinals' spring practices run from 3:45 p.m. to 5:45 p.m. during the week and 10 a.m. to noon on Saturdays. Days and times are subject to change. 

Ball State opens the 2015-16 season Sept. 3, against the Virginia Military Institute at Scheumann Stadium.