Football to play 3-game series against Indiana between 2018-2020

Head coach Pete Lembo talks to redshirt sophomore Ozzie Mann after the football game against Indiana State on Sept. 13 at Scheumann Stadium. DN PHOTO ALAINA JAYE HALSEY

Ball State and Indiana announced a new three-game football series, which will take place between 2018 and 2020.

The Cardinals will travel to Bloomington for games in 2018 and 2020. For 2019, Ball State is working with Lucas Oil Stadium, looking to host a game which would make Ball State the home team.

“A renewed series between Ball State and Indiana is an outstanding opportunity for the student-athletes and fan bases of both institutions,” Ball State head coach Pete Lembo said in a statement. “Our previous games in Bloomington and at Lucas Oil Stadium have been highly competitive and very well-attended. These contests will bring great exposure for both teams in our home state. We greatly appreciate the willingness of the Indiana administration to work with us to make this series possible.”

Ball State and Indiana are set to play a previously-scheduled game Sept. 10, 2016 at Indiana. 

The two teams have met seven times since the series began in 1997, with Ball State holding a three-game winning streak. Indiana won the first four games in 1997, 1999, 2006 and 2007.

Anyone who purchases a 2015 season ticket by 5 p.m. on Tuesday will receive an equal amount of tickets to the 2016 game at Indiana.