WOMEN'S VOLLEYBALL: Ball State defeats Central Michigan 3-1

Redshirt junior  outside hitter Alex Fuelling celebrates after a play in the match against Western Illinois on Aug. 29 at Worthen Arena. Fuelling had 17 digs. DN PHOTO BREANNA DAUGHERTY
Redshirt junior outside hitter Alex Fuelling celebrates after a play in the match against Western Illinois on Aug. 29 at Worthen Arena. Fuelling had 17 digs. DN PHOTO BREANNA DAUGHERTY

The Ball State women's volleyball team defeated Mid-American Conference foe Central Michigan on the road Friday.

This is the Cardinals' second consecutive win.

Defense led the way for Ball State, as they held Central Michigan to just a .130 attack percentage.

Ball State also registered 13 total blocks, led by redshirt junior Hayley Benson with two solo blocks and four assists.

Amanda Raker added one solo block and four assists, and Sabrina Mangapora had one solo block and two assists. Redshirt junior Kelly Hopkins had four assists.

Libero Kati Vasalakis had 24 digs for Ball State, and Alex Fuelling added 13. Freshman Marissa Hine was the other Cardinal in double digits with 11.

Offensively, the Cardinals hit just .193 in the match.

Only two Ball State players were in double digit kills, as Fuelling led the way with 14. Benson added 12 of the team's 54 total kills.

Junior Jenna Spadafora put together another solid game, as she assisted on 42 kills. She registered seven digs and three kills in the match.

The Cardinals are now 15-11 overall on the season and 9-4 in MAC play.

The team returns to action at 7 p.m. Nov. 7 as they travel to Ypsilanti to take on the Eastern Michigan Eagles.