Pop Culture Catch Up: Katy Perry steals most popular person on Twitter title

Katy Perry arrives for the White House Correspondents' Association dinner in Washington, D.C., on Saturday, April 27, 2013. The 99th annual dinner raises money for scholarships and honors the recipients of the organization's journalism awards. MCT PHOTO

Erin Gladieux is a junior telecommunications and journalism major and writes ‘Pop Culture Catch Up’ for the Daily News. Her views do not necessarily reflect those of the paper. Write to Erin at engladieux@bsu.edu

Sorry Biebs, Katy Perry just passed you!

For nine long months, Justin Bieber was on top as the most popular person on Twitter, but now the “Roar” singer reigns queen. With more than 46,658,700 fans following her, Perry is the most followed person.

USA

In fact, four of the five most followed on Twitter are famous musicians that have tamed that same dragon.

Rounding out the top five are Lady Gaga with 40.4 million followers, President Barack Obama with 39.27 million and Taylor Swift with 36.25 million.

Drew Barrymore is pregnant again!

Never been kissed, huh? Barrymore’s rep confirms she and husband Will Kopelman are expecting another child. The news comes just one month after announcing she wanted another baby.

This will be baby number two for the couple who married in June 2012. No news on whether their 1-year-old daughter Olive will have a baby brother or sister, but the actress said she was “overjoyed” when she found out.

Is Kristen Stewart moving on from Robert Pattinson to Jesse Eisenberg?

Not exactly, but it looks like the “Adventureland” stars will be spending a lot of time together as they team up once more in their new film “American Ultra.”

According to PerezHilton.com, Eisenburg will play a stoner who gets caught up in a government conspiracy while Stewart plays the love interest.

But could fireworks be going off yet again for Stewart and Pattinson? The former couple reportedly hung out for a whopping three hours earlier last week. Could this mean the “Twilight” couple is back together? No, but according to a source, they are good friends and they talk every day.

Ryan Gosling back on the market?

US Weekly quoted a source saying Mendes’ “insecurity” and Gosling’s “moody” nature are the reasons they’re close to splitting.

Mendes’ rep denies the claim.
The couple met briefly once before but sparks began to fly in summer 2011 on the set of “A Place Beyond the Pines.”

Sources: Perezhilton.com, theguardian.com, USAToday, US Weekly, nydailynews.com