CROSS COUNTRY: Ball State finishes season in Wisconsin

Sophomore Courtney Edons runs in the one mile race during the indoor quad meet.  Edons placed 8th in the event. DN PHOTO JONATHAN MIKSANEK
Sophomore Courtney Edons runs in the one mile race during the indoor quad meet. Edons placed 8th in the event. DN PHOTO JONATHAN MIKSANEK

The Ball State cross country team finished its season Friday at the NCAA Great Lakes Regional hosted at Wisconsin’s Zimmer Championship Course.

The Cardinals had a strong showing in the women’s 6K with five of its six runners posting career-best times. The team had a total of 819 points with a time of 23:34 to end up in the 28th spot out of 33 teams.

Junior Courtney Edon led the Cardinals for the sixth time this season. Edon placed 108th out of 225 runners and earned a career-best time of 22:40.

Freshman Jordan Timmons followed after Edon and placed 164th with her career-best of 23:27.

Right behind Timmons was Edon’s twin, Caitlynn, with her career-best time of 23:40 in the 173rd spot.

Sophomore Danielle Dahl and freshman Ericka Rinehart rounded out Ball State’s scored runners — Dahl with a career-best time 23:57 in the 184th spot and Rinehart with a time of 24:02 in the 190th spot.

No. 14 University of Michigan won with a team score of 48 and No. 9 Butler University placed second with 67 points. Finishing up the top five teams were No. 6 Michigan State University with 73, No. 21 Notre Dame with 134 and host University of Wisconsin with 136.

Junior Madelyn Webster also ran, but did not score for Ball State, with a career-best time of 24:14 for the 197th spot.