Records fall in Ball State’s win

Senior quarterback Keith Wenning set the Ball State record for career passing yards with 9,250. On a 72-yard pass to sophomore receiver Jordan Williams, Keith Wenning broke the record previously held by Nate Davis.

Davis played from 2006-08, leading the team to an undefeated record in his final season. He passed for 9,233 yards in his career.

Wenning passed for 346 yards in the game and added two touchdowns. It was his 12th career game passing for more than 300 yards. The touchdowns moved him to 11 on the season.

Wenning also is near to breaking Davis’ career passing touchdowns record of 74. Wenning currently has 68.

Junior running back Jahwan Edwards rushed for three touchdowns in the win, setting the school record for career rushing touchdowns. On 24 carries, Edwards rushed for 161 yards in addition to his three touchdowns.

Now with 35, he broke the record of 34 set by Marcus Merriweather in 2002. Nearly a third of Jahwan’s career total has come in the last three weeks.

Since returning from a concussion, Edwards has rushed for three touchdowns in three consecutive games. He is closing in on the school record for total touchdowns in a career as well. Merriweather and Michael Blair share the current record of 37.