GYMNASTICS: Ball State gymnastics team participates in first Valentine’s Ball

The Ball State gymnastics team is set to host its first-ever Valentine Princess Ball. 

The event will take place  Feb. 17, from 5:30 to 8 p.m. at the L.A. Pittenger Student Center Ballroom. 

Gymnastics head coach Nadalie Walsh said out that this type of fundraiser is new to the city of Muncie and will offer a new type of opportunity to local young girls, and even across the state. Girls from as far away as Indianapolis are expected to attend. 

The event is open to girls from pre-school to seventh grade.

The Student Center Ballroom will be transformed into a royal court, complete with a castle. To set the scene, gymnasts from Ball State’s team will acting as Disney princesses. 

Each girl, or princess for the night, will be accompanied by their own adult chaperone. Attendees will be eligible to partake in raffles and compete for the title of “Princess of the Ball.” The grand prize winner will receive a photograph with Ball State’s gymnastics team, a $50 gift card and other prizes.

The team has previously held gymnastics clinics for young girls but Walsh said  they seemed more exclusive. The ball is a way to interact more with the community and will allow for all young girls, regardless of their background in gymnastics, to enjoy a care-free evening with the team.