Ohio at Ball State

It’s fitting for Ball State to celebrate its last home game of 2012 with Ohio, one of the best teams in the Mid-American Conference. The story would have been too perfect if Ohio was still undefeated and Ball State was standing in its way. Either way, Ohio has looked mediocre recently and Ball State’s arrow is pointing up.

Score: 33-27 Ball State

Toledo at Northern Illinois, today

Both of today’s games are must watch affairs. Toledo matches up with Northern Illinois after falling out of the top 25 last week, losing to Ball State. Northern Illinois is on a winning streak, nine straight. It will take a big rebound performance to upset Northern Illinois at home, but Toledo should be motivated.

Score: 27-23 Toledo

Kent State at Bowling Green, Saturday

Similar to Kent State, Bowling Green has surprised teams this year and is an example of the depth the MAC has this season. Bowling Green beat Ohio last week so this should be another great game on the MAC schedule. Fun fact: Kent State’s Dri Archer has more than 1,000 yards rushing and still averaging 9.7 yards per carry.

Score: 28-21 Kent State

Miami (OH) at Central Michigan, Saturday

Central Michigan has struggled for much of the year and barely beat Eastern Michigan last week. But with Miami still seeking its bowl eligibility, it will look ahead to the tougher showdown with Ball State. It’s a minor upset chance for the Chippewas.

Score: 24-23 Central Michigan

Eastern Michigan at Western Michigan, Saturday

Eastern Michigan has been the MAC’s second worst team in a year to remember for the conference. It was unexpected after a strong .500 record the year before. But against Western Michigan, it will likely pick up its 10th loss of the season.

Score: 27-15 Western Michigan

Buffalo at Massachusetts, Saturday

The best part about this week’s MAC schedule is the amount of quality games and how close each matchup looks to be. The bad teams in the MAC are playing other bad teams and good teams playing other good teams. Buffalo and UMass might not be watchable, but it should be a close one at least.

Score: 23-17 Buffalo