Athletes wear pink for Breast Cancer Awareness

Four Ball State teams this weekend will take part in the “Think Pink” weekend by wearing pink in its home contests this weekend. The event is in conjunction with National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. 

The football, soccer, cross country and women’s volleyball teams will participate. 

At all the “Think Pink” home games this month, Ball State athletics staff will be selling pink bracelets and tote bags for $2 and will accept donations. Ball State fans will also be encouraged to participate in “Wear Red Friday” to support the Ball State teams.

Ball State athletics is also in partnership with Ball Memorial Hospital Cancer Center and with the Side Out Foundation. Teams will fundraise for cancer research and breast cancer screenings at designated home games in October. 

List of promotions for “Think Pink” this weekend:

- Fans at the football game will receive pink thunder sticks courtesy of Yoplait. The game will be “Take A Kid To The Game Day” and any adult who buys one general admission ticket will receive one youth general admission ticket free.

- Tailgate Town opens at noon and fans are encouraged to participate in the Cardinal Walk at 12:45 p.m.

- The field hockey game at noon Saturday will be its “Think Pink” game.

- Prior to the women’s volleyball game, all fans can make donations and participate in a silent auction for a Dig Pink warm-up shirt.