BASEBALL: Ball State drops 10th straight after getting swept again

Central Michigan beats return of Cardinal ace Cal Bowling

After having it's best stretch of the season, winning four of five games at one point on April 22, the Ball State (11-36, 6-18) baseball team has hit it's roughest stretch of the season.

Since April 22, the team has dropped 10 straight games with nine of them coming to Mid-American Conference opponents.

On Sunday, Ball State was swept for the third straight weekend series after a 7-0 loss to Central Michigan (28-25, 15-9), who have now rattled off 10 straight victories.

Senior right-hander Cal Bowling (3-3), who returned in relief originally after hurting his hand, got the start for the Cardinals and struggled early on. He allowed two runs in the first inning after an error kept the inning alive for Central Michigan.

It was the first start Bowling has made since April 6 against Miami where Bowling punched a wall in frustration, fracturing his hand.

He finished the game throwing 5 2/3 innings allowing 6 runs -- three earned -- on eight hits while striking out six.

The offense wasn't able to do much, only contributing five singles. Central Michigan starter Dietrich Enns cruised through eight innings striking out eight in the process.

Ball State finishes its regular season in a three game road series with Northern Illinois. The series starts at 3 p.m. (CT) on Thursday and continues through Saturday.