BASEBALL: "In the Huddle" comes to Ball State

Program talks to baseball team about sexual misconduct regarding women

In an attempt to combat sexual misconduct in college athletics, Ball State brought Bwana Clements to speak with the men's baseball team Wednesday evening for a program called "In the Huddle."

"In the Huddle" was a dialogue between Clements and the baseball team. Clements said he advised the players on what he calls "locker room stuff" and called upon them to "form a personal plan" regarding women.

His program is based out of the Urban Ministry organization. Clements has joined with the Indiana Coalition Against Sexual Assault to form the program.

Urban Ministry advises and mentors youth in Indianapolis. Clements is the owner and president of Urban Ministry.

Clements, a 2000 Ball State graduate, said he chose Ball State for "In the Huddle" because he felt he had a connection to his alma mater. Clements boxed while at Ball State and had friends who also played sports.

"[The program] is designed to challenge men about their thoughts, attitudes and behaviors about women," Clements said. "I want Ball State University to be the first in the state to take a proactive approach against sexual assault."

Wednesday evening was the first of three "In the Huddle" programs for the Ball State baseball team. The following two are Oct. 19 and 26.