GYMNASTICS: Ball State adds three recruits

Cardinals ink former national champion for 2011-12 season

Ball State gymnastics has added three student-athletes for the upcoming 2011-12 season.

Coach Nadalie Walsh announced Caroline Fiscus, Alexis Moore and Sam Santos will be joining the Cardinals this fall.

Fiscus, who is from Pittsburgh, Pa, was valedictorian of her high school class with a 4.4 grade-point average on her school's 4.0 scale. While at Peters Township High School, Fiscus spent three years with Great Lake Gymnastics and six years with Idaho Falls Gymnastics Training Center. She plans to major in nursing at Ball State. She was a five-time Level 10 state qualifier and a one-time Level 10 national qualifier.

Moore, who is from Essexville, Mich. scored a 3.78 GPA and was a member of the National Honor Society, the Citizenship Honor Roll and the GPA Honor Roll. While at Garber High School, she was the 2009 National Champion in the bars and floor exercise at Twistars. She plans to major in either marketing or public relations.

Santos, who scored a 3.182 GPA at Bloomington South High School, competed for Bloomington United Gymnastics for 12 years. She was the 2010 Chicago Style Beam Champion. Santos placed fourth in the all-around at the 2010 Level 10 state competition. She plans to major in radiology at Ball State.