TRACK AND FIELD: Ball State to compete in Hoosier Hills Invitational

Cardinals looking for complete meet in Bloomington

The track and field team will compete at Indiana University this weekend in the Hoosier Hills Invitational. The two-day meet at Harry Gladstein Fieldhouse starts today at 5 p.m. and will continue Saturday morning.

"Two Cardinals have the honor of being invited to participate in the invitational section of the meet," coach Randy Heisler said.

Judah Smith is competing in the 400-meter dash invitational after earning three-first place finishes two weeks ago at Indiana Wesleyan. Smith is also part of the distance medley relay set to compete Friday night.

Running in the 3,000-meter Invitational will be Ali Bishel. Bishel was the top placing Cardinal at the Meyo Invitational a week ago, finishing seventh with a time of 10:04.86. She will also be on the distance medley relay team.

Bishel and Smith will be joined on the distance medley relay team by MaryKate Mellen, who is also running in the 1 mile, and Christine Talhelm, who will appear in the 800 meters.

"I really hope that both Janae Taylor in the 60 and RaJae [Marable] in the hurdles advance out of Friday night and make the final invitational top eight girls for Saturday," Heisler said.

Taylor will be competing in the 200-meter dash with Sharise Logwood and Hannah Lange. Also running in the 60-meter dash will be Marable and Logwood.

Thekla Lorenz and Rebecca Lomax will compete in four events. The pair will race in the 600-meter run and 60-meter hurdles as well as participate in the weight throw. Lorenz will also compete in the long jump while Lomax competes in the high jump.

"Rebecca did very well in the high jump and actually had an off night," Heisler said about Lomax's performance last weekend. "… Only four girls jumped higher than her."

Running in the distance events for the Cardinals this weekend will be Emilee Zets in the 800 meters and Kelsey Nielsen and Madaline Goheen in the 3,000 meters.

Megan Cherry will compete in the triple jump for Ball State.

Jorden Traver will compete in shot put and weight throw. Also competing in weigh throw are Lywanna Melvin and Emily Peregrine.