SOCCER: Cards look to end 5-game losing streak

After a four-game road trip, the Ball State University soccer team returns home this weekend for its final home matches against Northern Illinois University and Western Michigan University. 

The Cardinals, currently on a five-game losing streak, will be looking for their first win since the home match against Bowling Green State University on Oct. 2. 

"There isn't really anything we can do now about the previous five games," senior midfielder Megan Ridley said. "We just have to play better and get wins this weekend."

Coach Michael Lovett was unavailable for comment.

With Sunday's match against Western Michigan, the Ball State seniors Amy Cleeter and Ridley will be looking to get a win in their final home match.

"I have to not let it affect me that it will be my last two games at home," Ridley said. "I just have to go out there with my teammates and play well and have a good time."

The Cardinals have benefited playing in front of the home crowd, recording a 3-1 record at home this season. The one loss came against the University of Toledo in the final second of the match. 

The team says it has put the previous five matches behind it and is completely focused on this weekend's match ups against the Huskies and the Broncos. 

"I wouldn't mind scoring a hat trick both games," Ridley said. "I just want to two wins this weekend."