Full Dis-Chlo-sure: ‘25 Days of Christmas’ - What happened?

Freeform’s annual holiday movie marathon has people heated

A Christmas tree sits on a dock in the snow at White Bear Lake in Minnesota on Monday, Nov. 30, 2015. (Jeff Wheeler/Minneapolis Star Tribune/TNS)

Chloe Fellwock is a freshman advertising major and writes “Full Dis-Chlo-sure" for the Daily News. Her views do not necessarily agree with those of the newspaper. Write to Chloe at cfellwock@bsu.edu.

Chloe Fellwock Rebecca Slezak, DN

I am a mild-mannered person. It takes a lot to steam my vegetables. I am not one to complain, but I believe that a line has been crossed, and when these things come up in life you can defend your beliefs or be a coward. And Mom didn’t raise a coward.

I love Christmas. It’s a time I look forward to every year. I started planning the Christmas decorations for my dorm in August, much to the chagrin of my roommate, a strong advocate for giving Thanksgiving credit where credit is due. 

Kelly Clarkson’s “Grown Up Christmas List” has made me cry multiple times within the past week and I’m eating a Little Debbie Christmas tree cake as I write this. 

So, you can imagine my anger and confusion when I saw the schedule for Freeform's “25 Days of Christmas” marathon this year. 

First, I want to make it clear that I understand why Freeform may have struggled this year. AMC bought the rights to several movies that typically make the cut, including “Elf,” “The Polar Express,” and “National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation.” They also bought the rights to “The Santa Claus 2”– just that one for some reason. Not “The Santa Claus” or “The Santa Claus 3: The Escape Clause.” 

So, I understand that they couldn’t put many of our favorites on the docket.

That being said, I’d like to know which cotton-headed ninny-muggins thought that “Life Size 2” was a Christmas movie. I have no issue with the movie, but how can you possibly say that’s appropriate for Christmas? 

Nobody has ever woken up on Dec. 25 and thought, “You know what we should watch? ‘Life Size 2’.” 

“The Family Stone” is a good one, but why is it airing twice in the same day? You couldn’t find any other movies to fill in space? Considering that you call “Lion King II” a holiday classic you could’ve filled in any movie you wanted. 

I just want to know what happened. 

Did you forget that the list was due that day, look through your neighbor’s VHS collection and just pick the first few you saw?  Did you forget to search “Christmas movies” and check to see if these were, in fact, holiday films?

I realize that the tone of this piece comes off as bitter and vindictive. I promise this isn’t the true intensity of my feelings on this. “25 Days of Christmas” was never a huge thing at my house anyway. But, I am miffed on behalf of those who did hold it near and dear and now might not get to see their favorites this Christmas. 

Either way, Christmas is about so much more. 

We will be all right. I really will have a merry Christmas and I hope you and your loved ones do too. 

Now go watch “The Family Stone” twice.