Two Muncie teens arrested after altercation at MITS station

<p><strong>Mara Semon, Unified Media</strong></p>

Mara Semon, Unified Media

Two teenage males were arrested by Muncie police after they reportedly got into an altercation with a male in downtown Muncie.

Police were called to the MITS transfer station Thursday afternoon on a report of a person with a gun. 

According to the police report, the caller reported three males were fighting and one of them had a gun. 

When police arrived, they found a male victim who said the suspects "pulled a fun on him" and were running near Main Street.

Police arrested Spelmon Allen IV, 18, Muncie, and preliminarily charged him with intimidation with a deadly weapon, pointing an unloaded firearm, carrying a handgun without a permit and obliterating identifying marks on a handgun. Martel Jones, 18, Muncie, and was preliminarily charged with intimidation and battery. 

In the probable cause affidavit, police found Allen in the 300 block of E. Jackson St. and located an unloaded handgun, with the serial numbers destroyed a short distance from where he was arrested. 

Police said that further investigation determined Allen didn't have a handgun license. 

The victim told police the suspects accused him of being a snitch, started harassing him and a second subject, told Allen to "shoot him."

Muncie Police Chief Joe Winkle said MPD is "always looking for guns" and has noticed more shots fired and person with a gun calls in the last six months to a year. 

Allen is being held in the Delaware County Jail on a $15,000 bond and Jones is being held in the jail on a $6,000 bond. 

Contact Andrew Smith with comments at ajsmith15@bsu.edu or on Twitter at @AndrewSmithNews.